Oh Boy, What A day It Was

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

yesterday...I came home stone ground tired, pooped, and oh so achy all over. Remember I said I'd be gone the whole day? Well I went with my aunt and her sister to this super bargain haunt in my country called "Divisoria" - how do I explain to those not from here what Divisoria is like? Most definitely, you will either love it or hate it, no in betweens, hahaha! This place can elicit squeals of utter joy or I could get scathing looks from you for taking you there.

Going there in December? Even worse. I get looks of horror when I say I braved Divisoria in December. Divisoria is a big big maze of streets filled with all sorts of goods, fruit, vegetables, fish, decor, clothing, shoes, toys, fancy jewelry, all sorts of sewing supplies, beads, lace, paper, cardboard, bottles..the list can go on and on. It's an assortment of stalls, alleys, backstreets and old and new buildings filled with just about anything, mostly goods sourced from China, Bangkok, and locally. For most Filipinos, Divisoria is the ultimate in bargain hunting and not one for the faint-hearted.

But despite the heat, the stench in some areas, the jampacked streets (I tell you, there was a point wherein we could not move from where we were standing for a good 5 minutes!), a trip to Divisoria is always a treat for me. Never mind that I get home so tired and dirty. How can one resist a good bargain? The melange of colors in the streets... I'm dizzy just looking at everything displayed... but I can't help it and try to go, I must! :)

Here are some photos of Divisoria from www.juonbox.multiply.com, don't you love how he captured the colors and the hustle and bustle of the street?





See what I mean?

The main goal of the day was to shop for material that could be used for a costume my cousin is to wear for her themed Christmas party - they had a draw and her group got Moulin Rouge and she was chosen to play Satine, much to her dismay LOL! Well, one of the numbers she will be performing requires her to wear this head piece:



Recognize that? From store to store, we went looking for something that could give us a semblance of that. We finally located some stores selling bridal gowns and stuff related to weddings. We found this really cute silver headband with rhinestones on it, some accents, beads and a chain of rhinestones. Now all I needed to do was put it all together, which I managed to do this morning. Am I so glad I kept some of my beads and accessory making materials because they surely came in handy.

Wanna take a look at it?





Not the exact replica but I think its pretty, don't you?

That's it for today. Let me leave you with a little gift from my "MerryMerry" Kit. A little Christmas Quick Page and some papers I made from some photos my cousin's boyfriend took.



and



You may get them here:
MerryMerry QP
MerryMerry Paper Pack Add-On

My dear Barb, Brenda, Jewel, Stacie, Laetitia, Chel, Jodie, Electra, Grannymike, Crane and those who gave their comments and thanks anonymously - my hugs go out to you, I can't get enough of reading the comments you have left, they warm my heart :) I'm happy to give when I receive much thanks. I hope you make use of the kit and do send me your layouts so I can proudly post them here!

Have a glorious day ahead of you!

4 comments:

Becca December 11, 2008 at 2:55 AM  

Wow, that headpiece looks pretty close to the movie. Great work! And though I am not downloading this one, I did go get the ones from the last posts. Merry Merry makes me want to be Merry Merry! Thanks!

The Deming Four December 11, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

shopping in the market sounds like fun!!! And your headpiece looks great! Have fun at your party and thank you for the lovely downloads!

Simone December 12, 2008 at 7:04 AM  

Divisoria Looks like a Lot of Fun, I know I would like it. You did a Great job with the headpiece, you are very talented, thanks for these papers I love them. Happy Christmas

DigiFreebiesList,  December 13, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Digital Freebies Search List, under the Winter Celebrations - Christmas post. Thanks again.

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP