350

>> Friday, September 25, 2009


I just want to take the time to post about something that is dear to me - our ENVIRONMENT, and how CLIMATE change can and will wreak havoc to it UNLESS we do something to EFFECT that CHANGE. I came across the site 350.org as suggested to me by a client for some studies I may be making on a 10-page PDF booklet related to the green movement.

This is a platform for action to keep our Co2 levels at 350PPM (would you believe it is currently at 390PPM!) I feel so passionate about this, we only have one planet to live in don't we? And coming from one of the Asia Pacific Islands - the Philippines, which is an archipelago comprised of 7,107 islands, this increase in Co2 levels poses quite a threat to where I live in - we could literally be wiped off the Earth if drastic measures are not done to decrease these levels.

There are too many telltale signs already - the weird weather, the melting glaciers, pandemics...I think you all will agree, this is no laughing matter. To not do anything about it at this point is just plain STUPID. Sorry, but its the plain truth. We have so much at stake going on here - our children, the next generation will suffer even worse. We cannot and must not allow this to happen.

So please, if you do care about this Planet we live in, take the time to read, watch, download, email or embed and share this video, poster, slide show to everyone you know and take ACTION!



SLIDE SHOW:



To further show my support - I have started to create a kit (mojo or no mojo, this is something I feel a need to do)- called "350" (of course!) Use this kit to scrap your environmental slogans, your participation in any of the 350 events, or anything and everything about the green movement, school projects, causes.... The kit will be available at Bouquet of Pixels for only $2.00. The proceeds from the sale of this kit will be donated to 350.org. It's my little way of contributing and showing my support, I hope you will show your support too by purchasing the kit as soon as its out.

Have a great day and please, respect and love our Earth!

September 27, 2009 (Sunday)
P.S. I created this post 2 days ago and was supposed to post it with the kit but I believe I need to post this now, circumstances and events in my home country the Philippines yesterday make this seem even more important. We have experienced one of the worst floods in recent history because of typhoon Ketsana, locally known as "Ondoy". The media has labeled this an epic flood since 1967. A whole month’s worth of rainfall in the span of 6 hours. Wide devastation, homes underwater, and still a lot of people stuck on the roofs of their homes waiting for rescue. This is so sad, we need all the help we can give. I am thankful my family are all safely home except for a cousin who is still stuck on the 2nd floor in one of the homes in Pasig that is under 11 feet of water. I pray it doesn't continue to rain so the water will subside. I shall repost some photos in a next entry. Please help us pray. This is really a call for each and everyone to be vigilant and to start effecting that change - our planet is in trouble and we need to join hands and work together to make this change happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP