Love the idea but not sure where to go for supplies..

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I have been toying with the idea of creating customized greeting cards, thank you cards etc... to sell - mostly hand-drawn/doodles and putting them up in Etsy.  I'm not sure though where I can source the paper and the envelopes, does anyone have any idea where I can get this cheap? Like I don't want to be charging people an arm and a leg for the cards.  But I'd like to sell quality paper and oh, I love texture, so if you know where to get beautiful textured paper please let me know.  If anyone has any suggestions, please do send me some links, I would appreciate it very much ;) They will be printed on my Epson Photo Stylus R1800. 

Here are some sample stuff, do you think anyone would buy them from me?


This is the raw version, drawn on textured Avery half-folded card paper, the problem though is that I used markers (Touch, Kurecolor) similar to Copic and they bled through the back.

 
This is the digitized version, scanned my drawing and extracted in photoshop.  I want to print this on nice heavyweight textured paper.


Another one of my doodles, this is on my blog header ;) Just wanted to experiment, hehe. 

So what do you think?

2 comments:

Mendy Slot January 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

I can't really help you on the supplies, ut I would buy the cards for sure! I love the bird card and the female doodle is my favorite! love them!! xo Mendy (DutchieM)

iNg February 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

came here from dodelle's site.
you've got a real cool talent and i envy you. you sketch/doodle so well. :)
people will definitely buy your cards. they're unique.
ingat-amping...
iNg

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP