A Really Lovely Wedding

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

My cousin got married last October 2009 and I had the privilege of creating their wedding invites as well as their wedding albums (2 volumes in all!).  It was such a lovely wedding.  So intimate, at a small chapel in Caleruega, Tagaytay and the reception at this place called Hacienda Isabella.  The reception venue was really beautiful and very vintage-y (my kind of place), with lots of nooks and crannies and little oddities here and there, lots of wood and nature. The couple also had all these cool antique stuff which they used as table decor in lieu of the usual flowers.  And of course, the couple looked fabulous and so in love!

Here is the invite I created, they wanted it to be an envelope you could open up and inside in a handwriting font, were the wedding details.  Then they wanted postcard inserts for directions to the wedding church and reception venue.  All done in Photoshop.  The couple gave me lots and lots of pics that were important and had meaning to them.  I created a sort of collage, layering the photos on top of another in various blending modes.  Sort of like those pictures where you have to look at it at a different angle to see another picture.  I think the couple had fun trying to look for the pics they gave me :)

This is the outer part of the Envelope, 
the flaps are supposed to fold inward:


 
  
  
  The post card insert:
  
 
 (Credits: Lara's DigiWorld for the antique luggage and The Boy is a Boy by Lily Designs for the Antique automobile, the chair and sun from a kit I'm trying to find, LOL! Sorry will have to post that as soon as I find it.  Font, Pea Jenny Script)

Their albums have been done some time ago but I haven't posted them until now because my cousin and her husband just received them as a valentine's gift :)

Here are some pages from it (just click on pics to view on a larger scale):
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
 
The awesome photography is by Pat Dy.  Doodles by me ;)

2 comments:

Terri Kahrs February 26, 2010 at 3:32 AM  

OMG! The invitation is OUTstanding, and the wedding album is AMA-zing!!! Fabulous work that will be treasured forever! Hugs, Terri

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP