A Merry Menagerie

>> Monday, June 14, 2010

So my sister shows my nephew Evan the owl I made for him and he gives it the seal of approval :) He went up to my sisters laptop and kissed the picture of the owl, attempted to type on her keyboard...and started repeating Owl, Owl, Owl.  Awww!! Wouldn't that make your heart melt?

So of course I asked my sister, what other animals does he like so I can make him some more? Alligator, fish, elephant, tiger....and fish also meant (sea creature) - dolphin, turtle, starfish, octopus...hahaha! So now we have the Merry Menagerie which will reside in Evan's playroom.

Just finished two more today (click to enlarge):





Materials: Magazines, old dictionary pages, scraps, vellum, acrylic, watercolor, china ink, markers, pastels and lots and lots of love :)


More in the works....

My sister said she is going to hang them in Evan's play area right beside the big Lion growth chart she bought at Pottery Barn.
Credits: Cute Tapes and Stick-it Notes by Gunhild Storeide

Plus, plus...I'll be making prints of them and finally gather up the guts to sell :)

3 comments:

Jenny Wynter June 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Get the guts lady, they are divine! I promise I will buy one (or more...!) x

Indy June 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

LOL! Just the push and shove I need Jenny ;) I see a visual of you pushing me out of the door and me holding on to the door frame with a look of panic! Nooooooo!!! Then me, stepping out that door and realizing - it's not to bad after all. Thank you dear. Posted to my facebook page - Will create a FB link on my sidebar next.

Michele June 15, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

I love these animal pictures so much! They are just beautiful and cute!

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP