Mothers, Friends and yes, being Uniquely YOU - Lets Celebrate That!

>> Friday, June 18, 2010


Oh its been a crazy past two days trying to do everything...the beginning of the school year always brings on a mad rush to get the kids their extra supplies, new uniforms, new shoes...wrapping and labeling of school books (that part I loathe doing), and oh so many other errands to get them ready.  On top of that, I had work to finish, deadlines to meet, meetings to attend and the unbearable humidity and heat that accompanies the onset of the rainy season. 

Yesterday was quite a struggle because I could not keep my eyes open, even after 3 cups of coffee.  I arrived home, spent and just ready to jump into bed.  But no such luck.  My son Enzo was running a slight fever but wanted to finish some homework and needed my help with some Algebra.  I wish I could say proudly that I was of some help but I could not for the life of me remember how to do it.  Sigh, I think I need the tutor so I can tutor my son.  Finally settled down at past 9:30 thinking that I've been running around doing this and that since I got home, even through my muddled, sleep deprived, zombie-like state.   But that is what you have to do once a mother, attend to everyone else before yourself.  And I wear that badge proudly (even during days when I forget everything else exists but the piece I'm working on - and yes, that does happen).

Today, I celebrate all mothers - just because!
Watercolors, Pigma Micron pens, Rotring Technical Pens 
with White China Ink on Watercolor Paper.
 ..................................
Speaking of celebrating, I'd like to introduce you to a collab from two wonderful, talented girls in the scrapbooking community (and they're Filipina to boot! You go girls!), it's called A Cup of Kindness by Lorie M Designs and Rachness Designs
I got around to playing with the kit today and loved the many, many ways I could use this kit.  Here is my layout:

Here are layouts from Lorie's Creative team:

Fun right? This kit is packed with a unique mix of hand and vector-drawn goodies and doodles to celebrate friendships. Filled to the brim with 24 papers and more than 60 elements, most of which are original doodles by both Lorie and Rachelle.


The kit is 20% off at MScraps from June 18-21, PLUS!!! you also get 4 quick pages, 1 alpha pack and 1 wordart pack (that's a real deal!)

You might want to head over to Rachelle's blog to join the giveaway she's hosting and to Lorie's blog for another freebie.

Here's my gift to you :) A quick page freebie of the layout I created: Sassyindy_ACOK_QPFreebie

2 comments:

Wini June 18, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

Hi Indy, I found you via the blog hop and then saw that you're in the flying class which I'm also taking! I love art and creating too. You have a lovely blog and your banner is awesome! I hope things are less busy for you now. Wini :)

Lorie M Designs June 19, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

Thanks for posting the collab and for the lovely layout from the kit :)

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP