Stepping Out Towards My Dream

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

Sometimes the universe conspires to bring us messages telling us what we need to do, we only need to learn how to distinguish them from all the buzz that goes in and out of our minds and our daily lives.  When we become conscious of this message, it becomes easier to be a receptacle, it's kind of like tuning in to a certain radio frequency or channel.  What we choose to listen to is what we get.   What we focus on is what we see.
Photo Credit: Kanegen

I remember some years ago when I got our first car, a 2nd hand Nissan Safari, we were so excited about it...suddenly everywhere I looked I saw the same car.  It was like there were so many people driving that same car.  When we sold that car, all of a sudden I stopped seeing it.  I hear its the same way for other people.  That is because this thing we acquired had suddenly come into our stream of consciousness, I attracted what I became conscious of.  The same goes for the other things that would come up in my life.

I very recently started running again (around 6 months ago but only really got into it over the last 3 months) and suddenly - boom! - I attracted back into my life the people who I used to hang out and associate with when I used to be active in my mountaineering and dragonboat rowing days + I started making connections with people of like-interest, expanding my network and opening myself up to new adventures.  And the added bonus of shedding all those excess pounds - yes, they have finally decided to start letting go of their grip on me, LOL!  (You can read about my running at Indyruns  - I'm still undecided on whether to merge that too with this blog, hmm..)

What I really want to get at is this - the UNIVERSE has been telling me to step out towards my dream for some time now (hello, like all throughout my life?) but I have not been hearing it.  I have always subjugated it and relegated it to the background, tucked away into the zone I felt comfortable with - the zone that always told me I was not good enough, and yeah, "Who did I think I was?"

And for a long time, I did not know who I really was.  Or I thought I knew, only to find out otherwise.  I always envied others for knowing on the onset what they wanted and getting to that place so much sooner than I have.  I have worn so many hats, too many - a jack of all trades, multi-talented, multi-interests...I jump into any endeavor with a passion and fervor so great, I constantly thirst for knowledge, to learn more, to read more, to see more.

These have all contributed to who I am today.  Do I regret not being part of the pack labeled as "normal"? Sometimes I do, especially during moments when life is difficult and giving my kids what I wish to give is not attainable at that moment.  It would seem farcical to claim otherwise.  But I also know and accept that this is my now, my moment and I have the POWER to change that.

One thing keeps calling, one thing keeps turning up at different moments in my life - consistent enough for me to finally GET IT.   I am a CREATIVE, I am an ARTIST.  I have been, am now, and will always be one.  It is the one thing I love to do, the thing I can get lost in.

I give myself PERMISSION to step out towards those dreams and take flight! 



And you know what? Things are changing...things are happening...embrace a life of abundance and abundance will happen.  I embrace a life filled with the creation of art...a life surrounded by kindred souls...woven together into a beautiful web of colors, gentle thoughts, undulating kindness and love, glimmering in the light and emerging from the shadow...intertwined, connected, one in an infinite sky of possibility.

 
Infinite Sky of Possibility

2 comments:

Veronika June 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

It's so good once we finally let go of old fears, those nagging voices that keep stopping us from picking up that paint brush, pencil, pastels etc and just going for it without questioning are we any good and will anyone like it.When we finally pick up that brush or pencil and paint or draw the first line on the canvas or paper we then can't stop wandering why did we wait so long?

Laura Catherine O June 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

Stopping by from Flying Lessons. So happy that you are stepping out and "owning" that you are an artist. May you be blessed and your dreams come true! xx

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP